Bus Inspector - Kidderminster
Location – Kidderminster Depot
£10.25 per hour
45 hours per week
We are looking for proactive and flexible individual to join our team in Kidderminster as a Bus Inspector. The successful candidate will need to be able to work as part of a team and contribute to the operation at the Kidderminster depot. Kidderminster is one of our Midlands depots, operating 40 vehicles across Kidderminster, Wyre Forest, Bromsgrove and other parts of the West Midlands.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the focus of the role is to effectively manage run out and monitor service levels throughout the day to ensure the service runs smoothly. The successful candidate will need to use their knowledge of driver hours and customer service skills to ensure compliance and maintain customer relations. Knowledge and experience in the bus is desirable and good organisational skills is a must.
Ideally the successful individual will have a category D driving licence, but training will be provided if the chosen candidate does not have this.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to be flexible and prepared to work the required hours to meet the needs of the business, which may include anti-social hours.
- Supporting the management team in ensuring drivers are following the Company Health and Safety procedures.
- Managing effective run outs to ensure standards are high
- Monitoring of service levels throughout the day
- Conducting drug & alcohol testing for drivers
- Conducting fact find meetings
- Leading by example and complying with Covid guidance
- Working flexibly independently and as part of a team
- To support the management team to ensure the depot meets the operating requirements of the business
- To support to deliver agreed key performance indicators
- To ensure cash handling procedures are followed
- To support driver inductions
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- An appropriate level of IT skills
- An appropriate level of understanding of UK driver hours
- Category D licence holder is desirable
- Free employee travel pass scheme