DRIVER TRAINER VACANCY
We have an opportunity for you to become a Driver Trainer to work with the Training School in the North West.
Closing date: 2nd December 2022
Hours of work will be 40 hrs per week 5 over 7, shifts
Overall purpose of job role:
· To train new drivers to the standard of PCV in accordance with the Department of Transport guidance.
· To deliver all aspects of Customer Service and Safety Training incorporating Diamond Bus NW values & beliefs, policies & procedures.
Key responsibilities & Duties
· To instruct new employees to DVSA PCV Standard.
· To deliver customer service training that puts the customer at the heart of the service delivery.
· To deliver key safe working practices identified by the business.
· To run driver training programmes and assessments for new drivers joining the business.
· To ensure all legislative updates are implemented and reviewed.
· To carry out driving assessments as and when required.
· To deliver driver related instruction and CPC training to both new and experienced drivers.
· To deliver training in operational procedures.
· To deliver remedial support and coaching following critical incidents or driver skills assessment to restore confidence and competence.
· To ensure that the Training Manager (or equivalent) is promptly informed of trainee driver/employee poor performance or conduct during training.
· To undertake driving duties as and when required.
· Able to work at other locations if required.
Qualifications & Experience
· A valid PCV licence for a minimum of 3 years
· Should hold or be willing to work towards Driving Instructors Level 3 NVQ – must be achieved within 1 year of becoming a Driving Instructor to be DSA compliant.
· Occupationally competent in all aspects of the job.
· An excellent performance record, free from avoidable collisions as a PCV bus/coach driver..
· Experience of working as an effective member of a team.
· Experience of successfully achieving deadlines and working without close supervision.
· No customer complaints for driver attitude.
· Demonstrable record of great customer service.
Interested candidates should send a comprehensive CV together with a covering letter to Micheala Bracegirdle Training Manager explaining why you would be the perfect candidate for this role.