Group HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) Manager - Tividale Based
Competitive Salary plus Company Car
We have an exciting opportunity within the group for a dedicated Group HSE Manager to join our team. Reporting to the CEO you would be required to oversee all strategic and operational improvements health, safety and compliance across the business.
The hours of work will be 8.30am – 5.00pm, 40 hours per week, however you will be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the role and travel is required to site; however you will be based in Head Office, situated in Tividale, Oldbury.
- Lead on the compliance of all Health & Safety policies and procedure
- Development of the Health & Safety strategy and vision
- Promote and improve upon current HSE record
- Engage key stakeholders across the business to develop and improve a collaborative and cohesive behaviour safety culture
- Manage the group engineering and health and safety auditor
- Lead on operation health, safety and environmental audits, accident investigation, training and completing risk assessments
- Provide appropriate advice to the business(es) on risk management, including and identifying, assessing and mitigating risks where appropriate
- Deliver HSE updates to both staff on shopfloor through to Director level
- Conduct Driver and Engineering audits across the group, produce compliance KPI reports, documenting findings on O’licence compliance, actions and solutions and address any repetitive non-compliance.
- Conduct vehicle condition reports, vehicle file inspections to ensure maintenance work and paper trail meets Company standards.
- Ensure all vehicles are regularly serviced and meet PMI KPIs, that the vehicles are thoroughly maintained and well presented in strict accordance with Company procedures, DVSA requirements
- Understanding of safety culture development and staff education in respect of O’licence compliance
- Ensure that all Company equipment across the group is tested and maintained at regular intervals to ensure they meet Company and Legal requirements
- Liaison and provision of support for Employer Liability claims with the Insurance Claims Department.
- To ensure best practice in all Rotala Plc operations including compliance with legal and policy requirements.
- Ensure all engineering Health, Safety and Environmental policies are adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Tech or Grad IOSH (advantageous)
- Proven experience with PSV or HGV vehicles, logistics, workshop/engineering and depot parking environments
- Recent experience in a management position with a proven track record of enhancing health, safety, environmental and compliance standards
- Strong communication and engagement skills
- Focussed on implementing good safe processes by giving solutions based practical advice.
- Keep up to date with health and safety legislation
- High level of accuracy, analysis and good attention to detail.
- Thorough, methodical, organised and process driven
- An appropriate level of IT skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Attractive and competitive Salary
- Free employee travel scheme
- Company Car