Operations Manager - North West
Salary: £35-40,000 dependent upon experience
We are looking for a proactive and positive Operations Manager to form part of the operational team in the North West for Rotala Plc, whereby our region manages collectively 600 drivers across the Greater Manchester
Reporting to the Head of Service delivery, the focus will be to lead and manage all bus operations, and through efficient management of the operation grow profitability and provide a consistent quality of service to our customers. The Operations Manager will be accountable for depot performance in respect of drivers and bus operational staff and managing the customer experience, dealing with any customer service issues that arise.
Ideally the successful individual will have experience of operating a passenger vehicle service, networks, timetables and an aptitude for scheduling. Candidates with a background in management, network management/operations or operations supervisor/scheduler would also be considered.
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will need to be flexible and prepared to work the required hours to meet the needs of the business, which may include anti-social hours.
- Accountable for ensuring drivers and operational staff adhere to the Company Health and Safety Policies and regulations.
- Drive engagement with the depot team, including driving staff and customers
- To manage the operations team in accordance with Rotala policies, standard operating procedures and all relevant legislation
- To deliver agreed plans and budgets, including established level of service and service quality.
- To ensure staff planning at the depot meets the operating requirements of the business
- Ensure an effective working relationship with recognised trade union representatives and officials
- To manage and plan collision reduction and staff/passenger injury reduction
- To ensure the effective management of Injury Prevention.
- To manage and deliver agreed key performance indicators
- To ensure positive working relationships are maintained between operations, commercial and engineering functions
- To ensure positive working relationships are maintained between the Company and Local Authorities.
- Liaise with external bodies to improve performance of lost miles and punctuality.
- To ensure all cash handling procedures are followed
- To carry out driver appraisals and direct report appraisals and improve staff skills and identify any training needs.
- To conduct any disciplinary, grievance or absence management reviews in accordance with Company policy.
- To ensure all drivers are inducted effectively.
- To ensure that staff welfare issues are dealt with effectively.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong people management and leadership skills, capable of motivating and maintaining discipline with operational staff
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to analyse reports
- An appropriate level of IT skills
- Educated to at least GCSE Maths & English Pass or equivalent
- An appropriate level of understanding of vehicle maintenance
- Possession of a Certificate of Professional Competence (or working towards one) is desirable to enable management of compliance with O’ licence and Transport Manager responsibilities
- Attractive and competitive Salary
- Free employee travel pass scheme