Service Delivery Assistant Manager - West Midlands
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, this role supports the day to day management of operations staff within our Tividale Depot.
Focus will need to be given to delivering operations in line with legal requirements and the Company’s policies and procedure.
Your primary role is to support the Service Delivery Manager and work with the Allocator to ensure that service is delivered to a high level of quality and that any operational issues are dealt with efficiently.
Your duties will include:
- Responsibility for dealing with complaints efficiently and professionally.
- Responsibility for the presentation of the drivers. (This includes ordering and managing uniform)
- Responsibility for working with the Allocator to ensure that driver absences are covered and dealt with efficiently and correctly.
- Ensuring wages are sent to payroll by the required deadlines and are approved by the CEO and Service Delivery Manager.
- Ensuring wage reconciliation is sent to the Service Delivery Manager daily.
- Working with the customer service department to ensure that accidents are dealt with efficiently and correctly.
- Ensuring new drivers have a staff review within the first month of their employment.
- Responsibility for documenting missing trips and lost mileage.
- Carrying out 10 Gate checks per week.
- Carrying out Employee Fact Finding interviews and Disciplines.
- Providing holiday cover for other operations staff based at Tividale.
The role is designed to assist the Service Delivery Manager and the Operations team. In order to deliver this role, the successful candidate will need to be prepared to work hours around the needs of the business, such as working during anti-social hours.
You will be expected to work one Saturday in every four, when you will be expected to support the early Supervisor.
A good working knowledge of IT will be advantageous, as your role will involve completing documents and learning our operational computer systems. The possession of a PCV licence and CPC is preferred.
This role is seen as a development role. The appointed individual should develop over time and be suitable for promotion. During their development it is intended that they will work towards improving on the key skills so they are capable of moving into an Operations Managers role.