Service Delivery Supervisor - Inspector
Plan 21- continuing “On Our Journey to Everyday Greatness”
Any colleague accepting the commitment of this Job Description MUST ensure they share and have a comprehensive understanding of Senior Management’s Vision, Ambitions, Passion, Determination and Commitment to be the absolute best we can be in all areas of our business. Our Commitment is to each other, all our employees and our greater stakeholder group. This Vision embraces the fact that every moment we should reflect on experiences, seek to improve, develop our own development plans. In addition, we should encourage and support our peers to do the same. This Job Description highlights specific areas and functions which seek to underpin this Commitment. Thank you for joining the team.
Job title: Service Delivery Supervisor - Inspector
Reporting to: Assistant Operations Manager
Location: Depot and Interchange
Direct Reports: Drivers
Job Description: Reporting directly to the Assistant Operations Managers, the role of the Service Delivery Supervisor will be to ensure that you delight our customers by delivering the highest quality of service that you can. This role will be driver and Customer facing where the post holder will be tasked with developing a positive relationship with customers and drivers and continually improving the day to day performance of our services. The role will require the successful candidate to attend regular face to face review meetings, so a professional manner, can-do attitude and good communication skills are a must.
Key Responsibilities: This role involves the direct supervision of driving staff in order to maximise effective service delivery, Customer Service, and adherence to specific legislation through the following areas:
• To ensure operational performance of driving staff is maximised and costs minimised, with particular regard for ensuring compliance with drivers’ hours and service punctuality and reliability
• Through close supervision and direction of driving staff, ensure that the company’s network of services operates in compliance with the Traffic Commissioner’s/ VOSA standard of service punctuality and reliability (i.e., buses should operate within the current “window of tolerance”) JD011/2021
• Utilising both the real time information system and manual “on street” observations, to monitor service reliability, react to problems as they arise, be proactive in ensuring that known events/road closures cause the minimum of disruption to the company’s network of services and record and report on the same
• To monitor and record lost mileage by type and ensure resources are used effectively to minimise lost mileage
• To carry out ticket checks/revenue protection tasks/school loadings checks as required/instructed
• To handle customer complaints/comments, investigate, respond to customer as appropriate and deal with staff members accordingly
• To allocate drivers duties/holidays/sickness/forward allocation planning etc., and to ensure that all such records are kept fully up to date
• To record driver absences and ensure that the input for payroll adjustments is prepared correctly
• To carry out driver appraisals and back to work interviews
• To attend the scene of incidents and Road Traffic Collisions involving company vehicles, liaise with appropriate authorities at the scene, ensure that CCTV footage is obtained, and all records and documentation are completed correctly and in a timely manner
• To deal with customer enquiries
• To operate the “control” duty, dealing with issues via the Messaging system and real time information system, booking drivers on and off duty, allocating spare drivers to cover open work.
• To keep up to date the company’s electronic provision of information feeds
• To participate in the organisation and management of specific one off events
• Attending company meetings (e.g., Health & Safety)
• To liaise with all other company departments and external bodies such as the police and local authorities, with regard to any matters which may affect the operation of the company’s services. Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
• Natural Customer engagement skills
• Excellent knowledge of geographical operational area, with clear awareness of any restrictions for all operational vehicle types
• Completely conversant with Drivers hours act and working time regulation
• Resilient communicator with ability to influence and engage to inspire and motivate
• Excellent computer skills with ability to record information through the business systems
• Solutions focused with tangible qualities to accomplish results
• Ability to engage a team whilst achieving stretch targets in a change environment
• Basic knowledge of the principles of scheduling
• Full current PCV and Dcpc required. Performance Measures
• Driver Efficiency
• Driver Costs
• Lost mileage
• Customer Comments
• Assist the Company to continually improve its services.
• To undertake any training relevant to the role where necessary.
• Requirement to work shifts (5 over 7 days)
This list is not exhaustive, and the employee will be expected to undertake any other reasonable duties or function and provide cover for other staff members as deemed necessary by management.
REVIEW ARRANGEMENTS The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. However, it is inevitable that over time, the nature of the jobs may change. Existing duties may no longer be required, and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Rotala will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.