PHP Web Developer
2 x roles available
Location – Tividale, West Midlands
Up to £35,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Rotala Plc provides a range of transport solutions for local authorities, the public, businesses and private individuals. Our business is comprised of 3 regions, Diamond Bus North West, Diamond Bus West Midlands and Hallmark Connections in Heathrow. This role will be based in our Head Office in Tividale, West Midlands but will support and benefit the whole business.
Reporting to the Head of IT, this role will be driven by the creation and management of a Company Intranet System, an internal company website. This website will join together locations, people and processes. We require an excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux/Centos Operating systems, PHP, Java and LAMP.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key part of an exciting IT transformation project the Company have recently embarked on.
The hours of work will be 8.30am – 5.00pm, a minimum of 40 hours per week, but you will be expected to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Key Skills / Accountabilities
- Assisting with Group Projects
- Insuring backups kept and organised
- Maintain a test environment (DEV)
- Ensure new software is thoroughly tested
- Keep Centos servers updated
- Setup and control web security measures
- Create connections using PHP scripting and Webapps into our system
- Create, manipulate and understand thoroughly data arrays
- Update and edit database content (MySql, MariaDB)
- Graphically astute, ability to manipulate graphics and create images
- Maintain operating system, system logs, disk space
- Develop multi platform web interfaces (Phone, tablet, PC)
- Escalating issues to “Head of IT” (for decision on escalation with 3rd parties/in house)
- At least 3 years hands on Web scripting experience
- Ability to build a web server from scratch