West Midlands Bus Partnership Route Changes - New Announcement
24 June 2021
Early this year Diamond announced that we had given notice on our participation in the West Midlands Partnership service agreement, as the current arrangement was not viable for us to consider further.
Since early August we have been in negotiations with TfWM and National Express West Midlands to try and agree a process, whereby the partnership services can continue to be operated sustainably.
Whilst a final arrangement is yet to be reached, Diamond Bus has agreed that we will continue to accept and sell NX tickets on partnership routes for a further 4-week period, National Express will also continue to accept and sell Diamond Value products - as per the current agreement.
It is hoped that within this 4-week period a final agreement can be reached in the interest of both the partnership service passengers and our business needs.
The published timetable changes from 29th August 2021, will continue to go ahead as planned however the ticketing arrangements will not be changed at this time.
Diamond Bus will be operating the following timetables and service changes:
- 31 Walsall to Mossley - Diamond will operate a new frequent timetable, up to every 5 minutes between Walsall & Bloxwich and every 10 minutes between Walsall and Mossley, Mondays to Saturdays and every 15 minutes on Sundays. New Timetable available here.
- 32 Walsall to Lower Farm - Diamond will no longer operate on this service.
- 40 West Bromwich to Wednesbury - Diamond will operate a new 15 minute frequency, Mondays to Saturdays. New Timetable available here.
- 42 West Bromwich to Tipton - Diamond will operate a new timetable up to a 20 minute frequency, Mondays to Saturdays. Diamond will no longer serve the Tipton to Dudley section of the 42 route and will terminate at Tipton Rail Station. New Timetable available here.
- 43/43A West Bromwich to Bilston - Diamond will operate a new timetable up to a 20 minute frequency, Mondays to Saturdays. Diamond will no longer serve the 43A section along Loxdale St and all Diamond 43 services will operate via Bert Williams Leisure Centre. New Timetable available here.
- 42/43 West Bromwich to Great Bridge - The combined timetable of our new 42 & 43 services will offer a 10 minute frequency between West Bromwich and Great Bridge.
National Express will also be operating new timetables and further details of those times can be found at the National Express Website.
At Diamond Bus we’re committed to providing affordable bus journeys for all and with Diamond Value, you can currently enjoy our cheapest range of tickets on all of the partnership routes. You can purchase and use Diamond Value Day & Week tickets on all partnership routes and other Diamond Value services.