Accessibility on our buses
At Diamond Bus, we are committed to providing accessible travel. We want to make it as easy as possible for everybody to get on and off the bus, have a comfortable journey and feel confident about using our services for their day to day needs.
- All our buses are low floor access, making it easier to board for those who have mobility issues or are boarding with a pushchair or buggy.
- All our buses have a priority seating area for the elderly, those with a disability or who are less able to stand.
- All our buses are wheelchair accessible.
- All our buses have an access ramp at the entrance, if you require the ramp to be lowered when you board or alight the bus, please ask your driver for assistance.
- All of our buses have a dedicated wheelchair space.
- Wheelchairs must be positioned with the brakes on and with the back of the chair against the backrest, aisles and gangways must be kept clear at all times.
Onboard Next Stop Announcements
You can receive next stop alerts on your phone when travelling with Diamond Bus. Simply download the Diamond Bus app and you can receive a next stop audiovisual alert direct to your smart phone as your desired bus stop is approaching. This function is ideal for those with visual or mobility impairments, or those who are simply not familiar with travelling on a bus route to feel confident that they will get to their destination easily by using our next stop feature.
How to enable Next Stop alerts:
- Open the Diamond Bus App and ensure your settings allow locations & notifications.
- When travelling on the bus, simply select “bus services” button on home screen.
- Select your bus service from list.
- Tap the “bell” icon next to your desired bus stop in the list.
- You will get a notification when the stop is approaching.
We are also currently trialling audiovisual next stop announcement screens on select routes.
If you have any queries about accessibility on our services, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer services department who will be happy to help answer your questions.